Microsoft announced Gears 5 for Xbox One and Windows 10 during its E3 2018 press conference. It will launch in 2019.
Here is an overview of the game, via Microsoft:
- Title: Gears 5
- Developer: The Coalition
- Publisher: Microsoft Studios
- Ratings: ESRB: M, PEGI: 18
- Release Date: 2019
The world is crumbling. Humanity’s reliance on technology has become their downfall and enemies are uniting to wipe out all survivors. As Kait you must journey across the biggest, most beautiful Gears world to uncover the origins of the Locust, and fight with your squad to protect what’s left.
- Never Fight Alone: Play solo or with a friend in local split-screen co-op, or online co-op. Battle alongside your friends anywhere with cross-play between Xbox One and PC.
- Explore Sera: Skim across glaciers, sail over deserts and descend into sunken ruins to discover the largest and most diverse Gears world ever created.
- Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K Ultra HD resolution with stunning HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second.
- Just the Beginning: Additional features, co-op and competitive modes still to be announced.